In this video, we’ll be discussing grading and conduct policies. We’re going to help you in developing your grading and conduct policies for your classroom. What is your grading system going…
In this video we’re going to be covering class materials. We’re going to be covering topics that are so important to the actual every day playing-in-classroom work you’ll be doing. This is where the rubber hits the road…
This article is an introduction to a series of articles that Director Jim Matthews has recorded on video. Due to increasing popularity of videos in society, we have decided to make many of our articles as videos for ease and availability…
The Chinese philosopher Confucius said long ago that “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.” Playing a musical instrument has many benefits and can bring joy to you and to everyone around you. This article will provide you with 18 benefits of playing an instrument and will hopefully give you a better sense of appreciation and pride for music.
We’ve all heard the saying “practice makes perfect.” In music this is not true at all, and can in fact make you worse. A better saying is “perfect practice makes perfect.” This article will answer the who, why, what,where, when, and how when it comes to practicing music.
Like Us on Facebook!
- What Your Kids Need From You February 9, 2010
- You Can’t Make Me Teach Alone! December 27, 2011
- Listen and Obey December 28, 2011
- What Every Band Director Ought to Know About Preparing for Festival October 17, 2012
- If You Don’t Make Lesson Plans Now, You’ll Regret It Later October 29, 2012
- Best Practices of Highly Effective Band Directors April 30, 2017
- Listening Guide for Class Discussions September 6, 2016
- Sound Models August 28, 2016
- Godly Discipline in the Classroom/Home March 25, 2016
- The Ultimate Guide to Champion Teacher Techniques December 12, 2012