Every day, band directors dedicate precious time training their students, trying to prepare them for the biggest performance of the year—band festival. Even if your band sounds great and appears to be ready, there are still quite a few things that every band director should know when preparing for band festival. This article will provide a checklist to help you get organized and keep stress to a minimum on your big day.
There is a saying, “You are where you are today, because of the prayers of yesterday. You will be where you are tomorrow because of what you pray today!” People need you to pray today. Whether they know it or not, they are depending on you. We all need each other…
The Lord said in Deuteronomy 31:8, “The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” That is a huge comfort to me as I get ready to go teach everyday! I would not dream of going into today’s classrooms without God going before me and being right there with me. I am going to walk in under His banner, in…
Most people assume that only a musical genius could listen to a piece of music and instantly know how to play it in any key. But what I will try to show you in this article is that this “genius” is available to all of us. In fact, it’s nothing more than the ability to clarify…
At no other time in human history have so many people had so much access to the collective knowledge of the human race. Not only does the Internet offer simple access to information, but to education in the form of online college courses and the like. For music students, however, just getting information doesn’t mean the same thing as good instruction.
Like Us on Facebook!
- What Your Kids Need From You February 9, 2010
- You Can’t Make Me Teach Alone! December 27, 2011
- Listen and Obey December 28, 2011
- What Every Band Director Ought to Know About Preparing for Festival October 17, 2012
- If You Don’t Make Lesson Plans Now, You’ll Regret It Later October 29, 2012
- Best Practices of Highly Effective Band Directors April 30, 2017
- Listening Guide for Class Discussions September 6, 2016
- Sound Models August 28, 2016
- Godly Discipline in the Classroom/Home March 25, 2016
- The Ultimate Guide to Champion Teacher Techniques December 12, 2012