The moment students begin entering your classroom, chaos will occur and time will be wasted unless you as the teacher set expectations for your students. One very effective strategy that will set the mood for the class period and make the best use of time is the “Do Now” method. This technique can be used for any school teacher, but this article will mainly address music teachers. The goal for each class period is meaningful and purposeful practice, and great band directors learn how to make the most efficient use of every minute. This article will discuss the Do Now method to help you avoid wasting the first few minutes of each class.
Achieving productive educational results should be every teacher’s desire, and the only way to accomplish this is the teacher’s ability to manage the behavior of their students. Both new and experienced teachers struggle with disruptive behavior, and many teachers complain about not possessing effective methods to handle those problem situations. Also, many teachers tend to overlook the good things in their students (even the disruptive ones). Many students are potential leaders and can be a tremendous advantage in helping you manage your classroom. This article will provide you with seven tips to better prepare for effective classroom management.
Like Us on Facebook!
- What Your Kids Need From You February 9, 2010
- You Can’t Make Me Teach Alone! December 27, 2011
- Listen and Obey December 28, 2011
- What Every Band Director Ought to Know About Preparing for Festival October 17, 2012
- If You Don’t Make Lesson Plans Now, You’ll Regret It Later October 29, 2012
- Best Practices of Highly Effective Band Directors April 30, 2017
- Listening Guide for Class Discussions September 6, 2016
- Sound Models August 28, 2016
- Godly Discipline in the Classroom/Home March 25, 2016
- The Ultimate Guide to Champion Teacher Techniques December 12, 2012
- Best Practices of Highly Effective Band Directors
- Here’s a Quick Teaching Prayer to Help You Walk in Victory Each Day
- Do You Want the Heart of an Effective Teacher?
- 20 Traits of a Successful Student
- If You Don’t Make Lesson Plans Now, You’ll Regret It Later
- You Can’t Make Me Teach Alone!
- Listen and Obey