Guided Listening Jim Matthews Students must be taught how to listen to music. If not, then they might simply say “That sounds good.” Or, “I like/don’t like that.” The deeper we want them to understand exactly what to listen to for meaning and understanding, the deeper the questioning must be. It is the same […]
Tag Archives | Compositional Content
Like Us on Facebook!
- What Your Kids Need From You February 9, 2010
- You Can’t Make Me Teach Alone! December 27, 2011
- Listen and Obey December 28, 2011
- What Every Band Director Ought to Know About Preparing for Festival October 17, 2012
- If You Don’t Make Lesson Plans Now, You’ll Regret It Later October 29, 2012
- Best Practices of Highly Effective Band Directors April 30, 2017
- Listening Guide for Class Discussions September 6, 2016
- Sound Models August 28, 2016
- Godly Discipline in the Classroom/Home March 25, 2016
- The Ultimate Guide to Champion Teacher Techniques December 12, 2012
- Best Practices of Highly Effective Band Directors
- Here’s a Quick Teaching Prayer to Help You Walk in Victory Each Day
- 18 Benefits of Playing a Musical Instrument
- Grading and Conduct Policies (Video)
- What Should I Teach My Students?
- You Can’t Make Me Teach Alone!
- How to Practice Music by Setting Goals