The moment students begin entering your classroom, chaos will occur and time will be wasted unless you as the teacher set expectations for your students. One very effective strategy that will set the mood for the class period and make the best use of time is the “Do Now” method. This technique can be used for any school teacher, but this article will mainly address music teachers. The goal for each class period is meaningful and purposeful practice, and great band directors learn how to make the most efficient use of every minute. This article will discuss the Do Now method to help you avoid wasting the first few minutes of each class.
Tag Archives | Bell Ringers
Like Us on Facebook!
- What Your Kids Need From You February 9, 2010
- You Can’t Make Me Teach Alone! December 27, 2011
- Listen and Obey December 28, 2011
- What Every Band Director Ought to Know About Preparing for Festival October 17, 2012
- If You Don’t Make Lesson Plans Now, You’ll Regret It Later October 29, 2012
- Best Practices of Highly Effective Band Directors April 30, 2017
- Listening Guide for Class Discussions September 6, 2016
- Sound Models August 28, 2016
- Godly Discipline in the Classroom/Home March 25, 2016
- The Ultimate Guide to Champion Teacher Techniques December 12, 2012