Coach John Wooden was one of the most winning and highly respected coaches in all of sport and history. I truly believe that if you live by the principles he asked his players each year to live by, you will be successful in whatever you do.
Adaptation of Coach John Wooden’s 20 “Suggestions” for being Successful:
- Be a gentleman/lady at all times.
- Be a team player always.
- Be on time whenever time is involved.
- Be good students in all subjects – not just in music.
- Be enthusiastic, industrious, loyal and cooperative.
- Be in the best possible condition – physically, mentally and morally.
- Earn the right to be proud and confident.
- Keep emotions under control without losing your edge.
- Work constantly – improve without becoming satisfied.
- Acquire peace of mind by becoming the best you are capable of becoming.
- Never criticize, nag or razz a teammate.
- Never miss or be late for any class or appointment.
- Never be selfish, jealous, envious or egotistical.
- Never expect favors.
- Never waste time.
- Never alibi or make excuses.
- Never require repeated criticism for the same mistake.
- Never lose faith or patience.
- Never grandstand, loaf, sulk or boast.
- Never have reason to be sorry afterward.
- Listening Guide for Class Discussions
- Sound Models
- Godly Discipline in the Classroom/Home
- The Ultimate Guide to Champion Teacher Techniques
- Avoid Wasting Precious Class Time by Using the “Do Now” Method