“Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character.” This saying by author T. Alan Armstrong hits the nail on the head when it comes to the kind of attitude a teacher should strive to attain.Every good teacher’s end goal should always emphasize the success of the student. This article, which contains some of the topics from the book as well as some from my personal experience, will give you many different techniques that will help you teach like a champion.
Archive | Everyday ClassRSS feed for this section
The moment students begin entering your classroom, chaos will occur and time will be wasted unless you as the teacher set expectations for your students. One very effective strategy that will set the mood for the class period and make the best use of time is the “Do Now” method. This technique can be used for any school teacher, but this article will mainly address music teachers. The goal for each class period is meaningful and purposeful practice, and great band directors learn how to make the most efficient use of every minute. This article will discuss the Do Now method to help you avoid wasting the first few minutes of each class.
Creating a classroom atmosphere where learning takes place and students feel comfortable and challenged takes thoughtful planning. If you don’t making teachers lessons before class begins, you’ll end up regretting it later. This article will give you some ideas about how to properly prepare for class.
In this video we’re going to be covering class materials. We’re going to be covering topics that are so important to the actual every day playing-in-classroom work you’ll be doing. This is where the rubber hits the road…
This article is an introduction to a series of articles that Director Jim Matthews has recorded on video. Due to increasing popularity of videos in society, we have decided to make many of our articles as videos for ease and availability…
Like Us on Facebook!
- What Your Kids Need From You February 9, 2010
- You Can’t Make Me Teach Alone! December 27, 2011
- Listen and Obey December 28, 2011
- What Every Band Director Ought to Know About Preparing for Festival October 17, 2012
- If You Don’t Make Lesson Plans Now, You’ll Regret It Later October 29, 2012
- Best Practices of Highly Effective Band Directors April 30, 2017
- Listening Guide for Class Discussions September 6, 2016
- Sound Models August 28, 2016
- Godly Discipline in the Classroom/Home March 25, 2016
- The Ultimate Guide to Champion Teacher Techniques December 12, 2012