The Chinese philosopher Confucius said long ago that “Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.” Playing a musical instrument has many benefits and can bring joy to you and to everyone around you. This article will provide you with 18 benefits of playing an instrument and will hopefully give you a better sense of appreciation and pride for music.
About Michael MatthewsI've played the French horn for over 14 years and also teach private lessons. Throughout my time with music, I've had some great opportunities playing talented musicians in All-County and All-State groups, as well as playing with the Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra (FSYO). Although my day job isn't music related, I still enjoy teaching and playing music in my spare time.
What is a goal? Why do you need goals when you practice, and what makes them so important?
A goal is something you want to achieve. If you don’t have clear goals, your efforts will have no direction or focus. You need to define…
Like Us on Facebook!
- What Your Kids Need From You February 9, 2010
- You Can’t Make Me Teach Alone! December 27, 2011
- Listen and Obey December 28, 2011
- What Every Band Director Ought to Know About Preparing for Festival October 17, 2012
- If You Don’t Make Lesson Plans Now, You’ll Regret It Later October 29, 2012
- Best Practices of Highly Effective Band Directors April 30, 2017
- Listening Guide for Class Discussions September 6, 2016
- Sound Models August 28, 2016
- Godly Discipline in the Classroom/Home March 25, 2016
- The Ultimate Guide to Champion Teacher Techniques December 12, 2012
- 5 Smart Tips for Successful Teacher Planning
- Best Practices of Highly Effective Band Directors
- Class Materials Content (Video)
- The Ultimate Guide to Champion Teacher Techniques
- Avoid Wasting Precious Class Time by Using the “Do Now” Method
- Understanding Any Piece of Music by Ear
- Are You Taking Care of #1?